Miss Chrissy's Memoirs

"I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything." -Elle Woods

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Make Me Whole Once Again...


This song really speaks to me right now. but let me clarify. Yes- it is a Nick Lachey song. No- this does not tell my story because Jessica Simpson just left me and I want a new girlfriend. Pretend this song is about my life and having hunger for what is holy, merciful, graceful, life changing, spirtually empowering, and good- God. When I am driving around my beautiful little city with the windows down, singing out lound with Nick, I am not singing to some other fallen person, I am singing to Jesus. Enjoy.


Watch my life, Pass me by, In the rear view mirror
Pictures frozen in time are becoming clearer
I don't wanna waste another day stuck in the shadow of my mistakes

Because I want you, and I feel you,crawling underneath my skin
Like a hunger, like a burning, to find a place I've never been
Now I'm broken and I'm faded, I'm half the girl I thought I would be
But you can have what's left of me

I've been dying inside little by little
No where to go but going out of my mind in endless circles
Running from my self until
You gave me a reason for standing still

It's falling faster, Barely breathing,
Give me something, To believe in
Tell me: It's not all in my head
Take what's left Of this shell
Make me whole once again

I've been dying inside you see
I'm going out of my mind, Out of my mind
I'm just running in circles all the time
Will you take what's left?
Will you take what's left of me?

Make me whole once again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home